Terms & Conditions
When you reserve or book a holiday at Exmoor Cottage Holidays, either in writing or verbally, you must ensure that you agree to our Terms & Conditions below:
- The person making the booking must be at least 18 years old*.
- The number of people in your group must not exceed the bed spaces (plus one cot) in your cottage*.
- Children under 16 years old must always be supervised by an adult when in the cottages or grounds or when using WiFi or Freeview TV*.
- We may cancel a reservation that has not been confirmed. Your booking is not transferable and is only confirmed when we have sent you a Booking Confirmation. Full payment is due a minimum of six weeks before the start of your holiday, or we may cancel your booking for you and try to re-let.
- If you cancel six weeks or more before the start of your holiday, we will refund all your payments (less £25 administration fee). If you cancel within six weeks of the start of your holiday you will be liable to pay for the holiday in full, although if we can re-let we will refund you any re-let period (less £25 administration fee). We strongly recommend that you obtain cancellation insurance.
- Arrivals are between 3pm and 5pm. If you think you might arrive after 5pm, please let us know in advance so that we can make arrangements regarding the keys. There is no refund for late arrivals or early departures.
- If there are any problems with your cottage or contents please let us know as soon as possible so that we have an opportunity to put things right.
- There is plenty of parking on site, but if you intend to bring more than two vehicles per cottage, please let us know in advance. We do not accept any liability for vehicles and/or their contents left on site.
- If your cottage is not available due to circumstances beyond our control we will provide you with another cottage on site, if this is impossible, or unacceptable to you, we will return all your payments in full (or a proportion if part way through your stay) and this will be the extent of our liability.
- Well behaved dogs are usually allowed, charged £15 each per stay. You must bring suitable beds and/or bedding for each dog and clean up after them inside and outside your cottage before you leave (see BOND). Dogs must be kept under control at all times, they may not be left unattended in your cottage or the grounds, and are not allowed on beds, bedding, furniture or in other cottages on site*.
- Departures by 10am please. Your cottage will be clean and tidy when you arrive, and you agree to leave it relatively clean and tidy when you depart.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the cottages*.
- All holidays are subject to £50 refundable BOND which will be returned to you within 14 days of your departure, less any charges for breakages, damage, missing items and/or extra cleaning (charged at cost with our time £12 per hour). We expect to clean your cottage thoroughly after every stay: but if it is left very dirty and untidy; or we have to remove stains or dog hairs from bedding, carpets or furniture; then an extra cleaning fee may be charged. If the total charges exceed the BOND we will send you an invoice for the difference which is payable on demand. The BOND is forfeit if there is evidence of smoking; or minor damage that is not remedied and the cost of a proper remedy would likely exceed the BOND (e.g. small burns on carpets or furniture; dog scratches on polished or varnished timber; impact damage to sinks or worktops).
- You and your group agree not to cause a disturbance or nuisance to neighbours or other guests*.
- Anyone staying at or visiting Exmoor Cottage Holidays does so at their own risk. We do not accept liability for damage or loss unless caused by our negligence.
- If you leave anything behind we can post it to you on request for the cost of postage and packing plus £10 administration fee. Lost property will be kept for no more than six weeks.
- Any data collected during booking may be stored on our computer and we will not knowingly share this data with anyone else unless legally obliged to do so.
- Our details are correct when published but we reserve the right to change our details from time to time. If anything is especially important to you then please check before booking.
* Please pay particular attention to Terms marked with an asterisk because if you breach them we may ask you to leave immediately without refund for holiday days lost.